So now the next question becomes, how do we actually invite users from the desired audience?
Targeting on Telegram works as following:
- Research within telegram search and/or Google for groups that have the most relative audience to your business/project.
- Find ICOs who are trying to revolutionize the same industry as you, go to their website, find their Telegram group and target from there! People in these kind of groups will most likely be very interested in the industry you are after!
- Compile a list of relevant groups where you can invite from.
You can target members by interests, geolocation, groups they are part of and more custom targeting options
Once you have compiled your list of desired groups, then comes the hard part, you must carefully select active participants of those groups and then invite them to join your group, managing hundreds of accounts at once to avoid reaching the invite limit per account.
Lastly, the inactive users used to invite can be removed or left in the group. Make sure you have a pinned post
in your group about why those users have been invited into your group. You can then use this new "Channel like group" to redirect users to a website, video, original Telegram Channel
or anything else using a well prepared pinned message.
Best practices show that Telegram users are OK with being added to a group if that group is of interest to them as searching for groups within telegram is still a nightmare, due to the fact that Telegram shows only top 3 results when you try to search for something within that app.
So why would anyone want to invite users to a channel instead of a group where they can not chat?
Here are a few reasons:
- Reaching a target audience for an announcement channel for upcoming ICO
- Growing a dedicated news channel for any kind of project
- Creating a no spam telegram group where only admins or promoted members can talk (example: trading signals, sports betting, forex, news)
We strongly believe that by inviting Telegram users into a group that is indeed relevant to their interest is good for both the group and the users since it becomes a new way of discovering something they would have otherwise missed out on, so don't try to invite everyone into your group — look for people that will appreciate your invitation.